Thursday, August 2, 2012

Final Presentations

My final presentations ended today, though we had two days of presentations, so officially everything was done today. When I went back to lab after presentations, I was greeted with the usual "why aren't you out enjoying the sun?" Because I love the lab too much and don't want to do anything but be in lab now because I'm going to miss it too much when I have to leave!!!!!! I finished up all of my final data analysis this afternoon and I really really can't believe everything is over. Next week when I'm still in Berkeley I guarantee I probably will aimlessly wander into the lab at least once, sad and in denial.

Anyway.

Monday was poster session! Most of the people who stopped by mine were people I knew (my mentors, PI, other scholars) but I had a few non-program affiliated people come and talk to me. I'm really happy with the way my poster turned out, but now that I have some more data, I probably will fix it a little before I present it again at BU's Symposium. 

Charlie, me, and Jorge, matching in pretty pastels!

Below: Phil and I, matching in purples, with our posters, and me with my poster!!!!!!!!!!



 Below: Bonnie, Dean, me, and Phil, the four purple buddies, plus me and Phil again!



Brittany and I, matching in ruffles, plus me and Audrey, my program director. 



Annie, Jorge, and I, the sexy neuroscientists!!!

Roomies! I'm actually taller =P
Wednesday I gave my oral presentation. Why it didn't occur to me to have someone take photos of me presenting or record it is completely beyond me, and I wish I could have had it on recording to share with everyone. But that is in the past. I think my talk went well, except for when my program director started making these crazy arm motions at me from the back of the room, and I was still giving my talk while simultaneously trying to figure out what on earth she was telling me I was doing wrong (I never did really figure it out). Sure, I stumbled over some words, and probably could have explained some things better, but overall, I think it was a good presentation and I was able to successfully present my research and my findings of my projects. 

Me after my presentation :). 
Today, after all of the presentations were over, I was walking back to lab and happened to be going by the Campanile. It was at noon, one of the three times a day there is a bell concert (I love this school, so much). And what was playing was so perfect, so fitting, to everything that I've felt here this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment